Reviews by Topic

Our analysis shows how reviewers feel about different topics. Please note these are not full reviews.

Carry-on

Thinktank Rotation 180 34L Backpack

(1/1)

For me, the 34L is plenty bag for my photo trips - and it fits in most overhead bins (check those regional flights ... smaller planes are always a challenge)

Positive
21 days ago

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/1)

First, one of the zipper straps on the back access fell off, then the coating on the fabric started to bubble. Less than 10 months after purchase the coating has either pealed or fallen off nearly 25% of the coated fabric with the other 75% bubbling in an unsightly manner. This bag ages quickly and not gracefully. Additionally, while this bag is NOT water proof, it barely puts up any resistance having had my papers and electronics get soaked a couple times in sudden squals

Negative
Luke in Macau
6 years ago

Comfort

Thinktank Rotation 180 34L Backpack

(1/1)

You can also use the pouch on the left side of the bag. There is a strap on the side to secure the top of the tripod, lashing it to the side of the bag. Heavier tripods may skew weight distribution, though. Wide shoulder straps distribute the back weight and a padded, breathable back make the Rotation 34L Backpack comfortable

Positive
21 days ago

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/2)

Let’s flip the pack around to its back and check out the harness system. There’s a nice amount of foam padding and mesh on the shoulder straps, and by nice, we mean just enough but not too much. The back panel has much more foam padding and mesh for breathability, but this is much appreciated when you’re biking in hot weather with a laptop on your back. We found it to be quite comfortable

Positive
1 month ago

Size

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/1)

I was looking for something that held more than my Timbuk2 messenger bag and decided on this because of the size and tactical style. I like how much stuff I can put in it but also how the top moves up and down based on volume and looks great with nothing or totally full. The clasp at the top is easier to use than I thought it'd be and pulling my macbook out of the back instead of opening the bag up to display my gym stuff to everyone in the meeting is super helpful. I really like the top pocket with the side zipper

Positive
john
4 years ago

Strap

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/1)

My workaround for now is to just synch-up the straps so tight that the bag lifts off my back, but it's not exactly practical. I've been working with customer service but they are refusing to cover this under warranty. Anyone else having these issues?

Negative
Chris
6 years ago

Zipper

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/2)

All the zippers are reverse coil YKK#5 for an extra barrier against unwanted moisture. This works well on the front pocket, especially as it’s likely where your tech accessories will go. Right below that front pocket is a tiny Timbuk2 logo, and we dig the minimal branding. It looks much sleeker than having an obnoxious logo slathered across the front

Positive
1 month ago

Compartment

Timbuk2 Spire Pack

(1/1)

My main problems with this pack is the design of the compartment openings. The main compartment is too small to hold more than 2 or 3 textbooks. The rolltop uses loud and annoying velcro. The pen carrier is placed right at the opening to the main compartment, making it inconvenient to get to and also in the way when trying to access large items

Negative
Chris
4 years ago